Friday, May 04, 2007

WalkAmerica

Tomorrow is WalkAmerica for the March of Dimes. I do 12 miles every year in memory of my twin girls, Rainey and Grace.
It's always a very bittersweet and difficult day for me. It's a day filled of thoughts and memories of my little girls..and of reminders of how badly I miss them. It's also a good day, as it's the one physical thing that I can do for them. I can't change a diaper or give them a hug or put on a band-aid. But I can walk for them and raise money to help other premie babies.
I'll be running the 12 on my own tomorrow, which will make it more difficult. Usually Jo runs it with me, but this year it's just me. I guarantee there will be some tears shed during those 12 miles, but also smiles.
Kitty, my mother in law, is also participating this year. She is walking 6 miles, which is just awesome.
Wish us luck, and if you pray, please say one for my twin girls.

No comments: