Sunday, August 06, 2006

Two 38 Word Movie Reviews

Thought I'd do two! (Netflix rocks)

All You've Got
MTV Films movie about rival volleyball teams being forced to play as one. Terrible acting, cheesy script, seizure-inducing camera work/effects. Really good for a laugh (at the acting, not the jokes) and learning new dance moves.

Terminal
Tom Hanks plays a Russian who gets stuck in an airport when customs won't accept his passport. Tom looks old and lumpy, does great Russian accent, makes you laugh and go 'awwww'. Totally unique movie for a change.


I ran ten miles on the treadmill today because it was storming outside so Jo and I couldn't do our long run as planned. I was bummed because I got a Garmin Forerunner 205 to replace my Forerunner 101 and I am so excited to try it out!! (it's a GPS unit for running) I watched Forrest Gump while running, so watch out for more Gumpisms than usual. It's my favorite movie and I quote it a lot....and I'm not one of those people who quotes movies all the time. Those people drive me batty. I just really love Forrest. Forrest Gu-ump. And it was pretty fun to run with Forrest..although I hit 10 miles right as he was lacing up his shoes for his cross-country run, which was kind of a bummer, but I was not so coherent at that point, was starting to have minor flopping (bigger seizure activity than usual), and really needed some water. So I'll look forward to running with Forrest during my next treadmill run. I probably won't make it all the way to California and back, though. I'm still getting over this hip injury and all....

No comments: