Thursday, December 07, 2006

Splintless and Packless

Well, that was certainly a lot of fun.... having the packs and splints removed from my nose, that is. About as fun as waxing your eyelashes, I imagine.
Yeah, it hurt. Bad. The doctor is so sweet, he looked at me afterwards and asked if I was okay. I told him I didn't feel so good, and he said he could by tell by my sudden change in color, then laid my chair back and stroked my forehead, telling me to relax. I'm telling you, he is the nicest doctor ever. He's past retirement age, funny as all get out, and kind. Then he washed my sinues. Not so kind. That was murder. But then he asked me to breathe out of my nose. I was actually scared to, and it took me a minute to force myself to do it, but when I did it was like heaven. I've never breathed so well out of my nose in all of my life. He said that it will be like that all the time once everything is all healed up in a couple of months. That feeling was gone in a few minutes, but after he cleaned it all out it was amazing.

No comments: