Wednesday, March 14, 2007

March of Dimes WalkAmerica

I participate in March of Dimes' WalkAmerica every year.
Had it not been for research and innovation from the March of Dimes, there may not have been the necessary technology or knowledge to have Libby. Knowing the terrible pain of having, then losing premature babies, I thank God that the March of Dimes is working to keep other mothers/fathers/grandparents from going through the losses of their own. They have made a huge difference in the lives of countless families.
I will participate in Walk America for the March of Dimes every year in order to my part in helping them care for babies and their mothers. I run 12 miles to honor my twin girls. I run to help raise awareness of premature birth. I run to support the March of Dimes. Mostly I run because it's the only physical thing I can actually do for my daughters...I can't change a diaper or hold their hand or make them a sandwich. I can run for them.
If you are able to support me in my effort this year, I would appreciate it beyond words. You can sponsor me by donating money on my March of Dimes website. If you would prefer to help by participating in a WalkAmerica in your area, let me know and I'll help sign you up. If you'd like to buy a 'memory mile' in the name of my girls or another premature baby you know, I can help you get that information. Or if you'd like to volunteer at the event nearest you or go out to cheer people like me on I would love it.
If you would like to donate, you can do so by using my personal March of Dimes website. Just leave a comment with your email address and I'll send you the link.

No comments: