Monday, October 23, 2006

Working, Running, Dental Work and Traveling. My Action Packed Week

I go to Minneapolis this week for a meeting with one of the hospital systems I work with. I leave Wednesday and return late Thursday evening. Before I leave, however, I have a ton of work that needs to get done and very little time to actually do it. So, here I am, at 11 pm, having just finished two and a half hours of work that I brought home to do on my computer. I figure that I'll have just as much to bring home tomorrow night.
I went to the dentist today for a routine cleaning/check up. I had a cavity. My third ever in all of my 33 years. My first real one...the other two were actually just looking like they would turn into cavities, so he did minor fillings. This one required some serious drilling and numbing. Oh man. I got the nummer at 10 am and was still talking like I was 'special' at three o'clock this afternoon. In fact, it still feels a little funny on that side of my mouth.
I'm running tomorrow night, and I don't care what my lungs have to say about it. I will go easy and only run three miles to test the waters. Then I hope to run in the hotel in Minnesota on Thursday morning and again after work on Friday. That would be a good jump back into my running schedule. After that I want to kick it back up a few notches and work on my speed. My next race is the Noodelini 15K (9.3 miles) the Sunday after Thanksgiving and I'd like to PR it.

Big news on the bedtime front. For the last 2 months Libby has been going through a terrible phase with bedtime/sleeping. She has been screaming for 1.5 hours every night before she'll go to sleep. Screaming at the top of her lungs like the Easter Bunny is in her room stabbing Santa Claus with the Tooth Fairy's magic wand. "mommmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!" "I don't want to go to bedddddddddd!!!!" "I wanna stay uppppppppppp!!" "MOMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!" Then, after she goes to sleep, she gets up in the middle of the night, doing the same thing....for at least a half hour. Of course she wakes Amelia up during both episodes. It's been horrible and stressful and heartbreaking, and we are SO FREAKING TIRED!!! But tonight she didn't do it!!! Chris turned on her Tinkerbell lamp and that seemed to do it! He said 'good night' and walked out of the room....and there was silence, and there has been ever since. Her room is as bright as the sun, but who cares!!! We'll have to buy some really dim lightbulbs for it. Maybe Tinkerbell really does have magic powers.

No comments: