Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Cross Training Begins

I reluctantly started cross training after my doctor appointment yesterday. Cycling on my stationary recumbent bike in the basement. It felt good on the hip, no real pain to speak of. Afterwards I was a bit sore, but not bad. I biked for a half hour, and went ten miles. This morning I woke up with hip pain as bad as if I'd run yesterday. I was discouraged but it hurt less throughout the day and this evening I tried again. As my doctor said, I don't want to lose any of my endurance while I can't run. Tonight I biked for 45 minutes and went 15.25 miles. Although I was sweating up a storm and my legs were pooped, I never felt tired. I mean I never was breathing really heavily and never had to fight to keep going like I do with running. Afterwards I didn't have that "I kick ass--I am woman, hear me roar" feeling that I do after challenging myself on a run. But my legs couldn't turn those pedals any faster and I was changing up the resistance throughout the workout. I miss running. And it's only been a week.
The only good thing about biking is that when I enter my miles/time into my workout log, it pops out "2:57 minute miles"...which is pretty fun to see. I can pretend that I suddenly got seven minutes a mile faster...and try and gloss over that I did it on a bike not my feet.
Tomorrow are the xrays and bone scan, with results coming at Monday's appointment.

Libby has this boyfriend. A hot little redhead with a big smile and fun laugh. Ethan. They refer to each other as 'boyfriend' and 'girlfriend'. (yes, they are three years old) They tell one another that they love each other. Libby also loves "Mommy Ethan" as she calls his mother. She asks me several times a day if she can see them. Yesterday she carried around two bandaids everywhere we went (she has a thing for them) telling me that one was for Ethan and the other was for Mommy Ethan. She asked if she could go to Ethan's house yesterday, while she was home sick, and when I told her that Mommy Ethan was at work (we work together) and Ethan was at his sitter's house...she resorted to asking if she could go see Daddy Ethan. I'm telling you, she loves that family more than her own. Tonight as I was getting her pj's on for bed, she threw the back of her hand up to her forehead, fell backwards to the floor and sighed, "I'll never see Ethan again..." My little drama queen.

No comments: